1) Journal prompt
2) Spoken word poems--view 4 poems and discuss them in terms of content, structure, patterns and devices.
3) Create a list of idioms that you can use in your poems to add flare.
Here is the list we compiled: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KazJIgX8Ori6jIjK2Kd8V8IWj6GEd9bFQidz7U1vd-8/edit?usp=sharing
4) Write a short spoken word poem that is personal, has some sort of framing device, and could use some idioms.
1) Finish your spoken word poem if you didn't in class.
2) Your poetry portfolio is due on Friday!