1) Opening poem
2) Peer Edit rough drafts of college essay--Due Monday
3) Take notes on how to read like a college professor
4) Read Lord of the Flies and consider setting, character, style, symbolism and conflict
1) Read pages 3-24 of Heart of Darkness and be prepared to participate in a seminar tomorrow.
2) Finish reading chapter 1 of Lord of the Flies. A PDF version of this book can be found here: http://www.yoanaj.co.il/uploadImages/UserFiles/352.pdf or here: http://colleronline.weebly.com/uploads/2/8/2/0/2820270/lotf_text.pdf
3) Ongoing: Work on your Major Works Data Sheets for both Lord of the Flies and Heart of Darkness. Remember, this is for your benefit--these will work as study guides for the AP exam.
4) Your Final College Essay is due on Monday.
As you read the beginning of both novels, you should be looking for: setting, character, style, symbolism, and conflict. Of course, start looking for theme, but it will probably take more time to really delve into the theme.