- Start with 10 minutes of silent reading.
- To get you in the mood, choose one of the following prompts, then write on it for 5 minutes:
- A killer places an advertisement for a willing victim and finds one.
- A group of teenagers trolls everyone else in an online group by telling made-up stories about terrible things they’ve done. Then, the things they said they did start happening to them.
- A spouse or sibling dies. He or she begins to take over the body of the surviving spouse or sibling.
- Every exhibit in this carnival sideshow is fake. Except this one thing.
- Read and annotate the short story, the Landlady. Then, answer the following questions. Each question should have at least 2-3 sentences if not more.
- What “awful truth” is hidden in the Landlady? What is going to happen to Billy?
- At what point did you realize the awful truth?
- Look back through the story. What are some clues that the author drops that hint at the awful truth?
- How does the author build terror in this story?
- How does the author utilize horror?
- What is “revolting” in this story?
- What is “uncanny” in this story?
- Overall, do you think this was an effective horror story? Why or why not? If you didn’t like it, what would you change?
- They should hold on to their answers until I return on Monday.
Hi All! I will not be here for the next two days as I will be in Florida for my sister's wedding. Please use the following agenda for today!