I want to apologize for not being here this afternoon. I have had some personal issues come up recently, and I really need to take the afternoon to take care of them and to get my head right. I know some of you were concerned about my being here on a consistent basis, but I promise, this is unusual. Its just been a bad couple of days.
Anyway, while I'm gone, please complete the following activities:
1) Complete your daily warm up assignment, which today is a grammar activity.
2) Get in a group and go over the diagnostic multiple choice test. Figure out which ones you got wrong, read through the passages again to see why your answer is wrong and figure out what the correct answer is. We will talk about this test tomorrow, so come in with your questions. Remember, you CANNOT take the test out of the room, so please make sure that you complete this activity in class.
3) Read through the attached power point on Thesis statements. We will review this and practice writing more in the coming days, especially with LOTF.
4) Continue reading LOTF for Friday--The seminar for today will be moved to tomorrow, which means that we will have two seminars in a row.
5) Complete your Essential Lit assignment for Monday.
Again, I apologize for not being here this afternoon. Please show the substitute teacher the same respect that you show me on a daily basis.